Excel Consulting Services
Are you spending more time in Excel than you should?
You may not have used the services of an Excel consultant before, so you may be spending more time in Excel than you should be spending. Read these questions to find out whether you should think about hiring an Excel consultant.
- Do you find yourself working hard on a spreadsheet design problem that you can’t solve?
- Are you working with Excel workbooks that you don’t understand because they were built by someone who is no longer working there?
- Have you recently upgraded to a new version of Excel and need help to migrate your spreadsheets?
- Do you need an independent review of your Excel workbooks to provide a report of potential errors?
- Are you looking for expert advice on how to automate your spreadsheets?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you might be surprised to find out how much you can learn from working with an Excel consultant, and how much time, money and hearthache you can save too.
Let us help you develop, optimize and maintain your spreadsheets
Here at Launch Excel we are partners with the experienced consultants at Spreadsheet1.com.
We specialize in building automated data analytics, financial models, reporting applications and tactical solutions to allow companies and organizations to make better business decisions. We have experience with clients across several industries, including medical, financial services, telecoms, human resources and automotive.
We can help you in these areas:
- Spreadsheet Development: With 20+ years experience in spreadsheet use and design, we can help you automate your work: reduce computing time, increase data integrity and enhance output content. Software supported: Microsoft Office Excel 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 (32/64 bit).
- Spreadsheet Maintenance & Optimization: As business requirements change over time, spreadsheets need to be updated. We can maintain our work and any workbook created by a 3rd party developer. By using optimal formulas and best practice VBA code several common Excel issues can be eliminated: slow execution, file bloat, poor or no error trapping, memory problems and Excel crashes.
- Spreadsheet Audit: We can review Excel workbooks using our own custom tools and prepare a detailed report of potential error(s) found in model architecture, formulas, VBA and for certain applications in business logic. Despite our meticulous audit, we do not warranty that a model is error free.
- Spreadsheet Migration: When you upgrade from Microsoft Office Excel 2003 (or earlier) to Office 2007 or 2010, your Excel files may not be compatible with the new version. We can repair workbooks to be functional in Excel 2007/2010 and help you take advantage of Excel’s new features (e.g. Ribbon menus, pivot slicers, new formulas and charting features etc)
- Spreadsheet Consulting:We can advise Excel power users on any issue related to spreadsheet design and recommend innovative real-world solutions to your Excel problems.
So why can’t I just post my problem to an internet Excel forum?
You might think that it’s cheap (OK, free) to post your problem to the internet and hope that someone comes up with a good solution. But “free” may not be what you need.
For instance, the quality of replies will probably vary depending on user availability and skills. Also, you may need to wait several days before you get close to a solution. On top of this, if you ask the wrong question because you don’t know how to phrase your request, then you can end up going down the wrong route.
Look at it this way. If you implement a poor solution now, it will probably lead to lots of maintenance work later. Rather than take the “free” route, your alternative is to ask for the paid advice of a specialist. Not only will the specialist take time to understand your full requirements, they will also be able to draw on a broad field of experience to develop an optimized solution. This could save you heartache 3 months later when you find that the internet forum solution only got you half way there.
As Frank Lloyd Wright once said: “You can fix it on the drawing board with an eraser or you can fix it on the site with a sledgehammer”
I’d rather sort out my own problems and get trained
There are courses that promise you Excel proficiency in 24 hours, or VBA programming skills in a month. But don’t get your hopes raised by these courses, because while they will help you to get started, they won’t give you the insight you gain from years of real-life experience.
The road to proficiency in Excel is long and the learning curve can be steep – even pros who have been using Excel for over 10 years find that they still learn new Excel tips every week, and need to learn new features after a new Excel version is released.
So yes – get trained up in Excel and keep reading Excel tips on blogs like Launch Excel and Spreadsheet1.com. But don’t expect that you’ll be able to create your own robust, optimized, and secure applications until you have significant time-tested development experience.
(P.S. Speaking of tips, have you checked out Power Tips for Microsoft Excel?)
Check out these articles from Spreadsheet1.com
- Demos & Software Products Examples of the kind of work we can help you with, including demos of data visualization, password protection and reversing pivoted data into a normalised database table format.
- Tutorials & Excel FAQs Answers to common questions you may have, including problems with workbooks, Excel application development and Office versions.
- Excel Consultants & Qualifications Read about our extensive qualifications and experience with Excel.
Get in contact with us today for a competitive quote
Please contact us today to discuss your project and request a quote. We are based in the United Kingdom and welcome queries from all over the world. Our rates are competitive and your projects can be as small as a simple data conversion up to complicated reporting workbooks with 100s of sheets, several userforms and database connections.
To help us assist you better, please submit the following information when contacting us:
- Operating System version
- Microsoft Excel version
- Project deadline (urgent requests can be prioritized)